WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING IN MARCH - MONTHLY PLANNER
[BOWIEWONDERWORLD SHOP] [LATEST DAVID BOWIE ITEMS ON eBAY]
[FREE @bowiewonderworld.com email addresses HERE]
BW Facebook / myspace.com/bowiewonderworld
Have YOU got some DAVID BOWIE related news or a hot scoop?
Well don't just sit there keeping it to yourself - send it in to
All news items are credited if you so wish
[LISTEN and DOWNLOAD BOWIE SONGS from Amazon]
Check out a rather fabulous piece of work by artist and musician GLADYS HULOT.
She has combined DAVID BOWIE and street art with a wonderful stop-motion film and soundtrack.
As well as the artwork, Gladys composed the soundtrack with her cover version of 'Life On Mars?' played on a musical saw.
You can discover more about the artist on her official site over at gladyshulot.com
Update on the DAVID BOWIE releases for RECORD STORE DAY 2015 next month.
On 18th April a special collectors limited edition 7" picture disc of CHANGES gets the go ahead via Parlophone.
As you can see, both sides of the disc feature shots of David by Brian Ward from the Hunky Dory photo session, with one being previously unseen.
A-side: Changes (Cat. No. DBRSD2015A).
(David Bowie). Produced by Ken Scott and David Bowie.
AA-side: Eight Line Poem (Gem Promo Version). (Cat. No. DBRSD2015AA).
Also, released for RSD 2015 is a Side by Side clear vinyl 7" disc via Parlophone/Elektra.
A-side: Kingdom Come - Tom Verlaine (1979).
Produced by Michael Ewasko and Tom Verlaine.
AA-side: Kingdom Come - David Bowie (1980).
Produced by David Bowie and Tony Visconti.
The latest added to the RSD2015 list is a re-release of DAVID BOWIE 1966 (2015 remaster) via BMG/Sanctuary. EP limited to only 2,000 copies in coloured white vinyl.
Tracklisting runs as follows:
1. I'm Not Losing Sleep.
2. I Dig Everything.
3. Can't Help Thinking About Me.
4. Do Anything You Say.
5. Good Morning Girl.
6. And I Say to Myself.
Note: David Bowie 1966 (2015 remaster) (Cat. No. BMGRM 047) is also being released on 13th April (not connected with RSD).
Check out recordstoreday.com website to find your nearest participating stores.
Update: Another David Bowie related release for RSD 2015 is St. Paul and the Broken Bones - Live from the Alabama Theater 12" (Alabama shaped vinyl 12" Picture Disc featuring live cover of David Bowie's 'Moonage Daydream' - 2,000 copies) SRP: $11.98.
On this day, 28 years ago, DAVID BOWIE held a press show at the Piper Club in Rome, Italy to announce his upcoming Glass Spider World Tour and new album in 1987.
Two songs Bang Bang and '87 And Cry were performed, along with a 20 minute Q&A from the press.
The band for these promotiomal press appearances were: David Bowie, Carlos Alomar, Peter Frampton, Alan Childs, Carmine Rojas and Richard Cottle.
• Now confirmed for Record Store Day 2015... there are 2,000 white vinyl DAVID BOWIE 1966 LPs being produced for RSD 2015 via BMG/Sanctuary, as well as the normal black vinyl LPs and CD re-releases...
• Woody Woodmansey's band HOLY HOLY are to perform in Japan this July...
• New DAVID BOWIE biography by journalist Bertrand Dermoncourt has been published in France. 114 pages (ISBN 978-2-330-04798-6) - [More details]...
• JAMES MURPHY has covered DAVID BOWIE's 'Golden Years' for the movie 'While We're Young' soundtrack. [Listen to the exclusive premiere HERE]...
• Novelist HANIF KUREISHI talks about DAVID BOWIE's 'Rebel Rebel' and on how the song influenced him to become an artist - [Read here]...
• DAVID BOWIE's former gaff on Mustique is on sale at $20 million (guide price) - [Read here]...
Another rather wonderful photograph of DAVID BOWIE has come to light and published in Michael O'Reilly's book 'Dancehall Days: When Showbands Ruled the Stage' via Gill & MacMillan.
As a photographer for Spotlight Magazine, Michael was among those to be called into action when major overseas acts visited Ireland, and he saw the very best of the 1960s. He was there to document the hysteria that showbands inspired as they rolled between iconic venues like the Television Club and Bray's Arcadia Ballroom.
The photograph shows David performing 'Space Oddity' on the RTE TV programme 'Like Now!' in December 1969. Broadcast on 13th December 1969 and recorded in Dublin.
• DAVID BOWIE Is in Paris: After becoming the fastest-selling exhibition in the history of London's Victoria & Albert Museum, the 'David Bowie Is' exhibition has landed in Paris. Article includes short interview with co-curator Geoffrey Marsh - [Read here]...
• A graphic illustration of DAVID BOWIE appears on the supplement cover of FIGARO SCOPE (4th March) only available in Paris - [View here]...
• DAVID BOWIE cover band 'Life On Mars' are performing in Montreal on Saturday 14th March at the Calistoga Grill in the west island suburb of Pointe-Claire (just north of the 20). Cover is $20 - [More details]...
• The making of the DAVID BOWIE Is exhibition in Paris - [Read here]...
• DAVID BOWIE appeared on the front cover of French newspaper 20 MINUTES for their 2nd March issue along with an article inside - [View here]...
• Check out some of the entries for the #DavidBowieIsMe fan make-up competition from the David Bowie Is Paris exhibition - [View here]...
• DAVID BOWIE Is Changing Trains'... Check out more photos from Gare du Nord for the DBI exhibition in Paris - [View here]...
The DAVID BOWIE Is exhibition opens today at the Paris Philharmonie.Conceived by London's Victoria & Albert Museum, the David Bowie Is exhibition has been a huge success. Currently on its worldwide travels, it returns to Europe, and has now touched down in Paris.
The exhibition runs in France from Tuesday 3rd March until Sunday 31st May 2015. It then travels downunder onto its next stop in Melbourne, Australia in July 2015.
To book your PARIS tickets please visit their TICKET SALES page to see which time slots are available.
To check out the special events and activites planned for the duration of the exhibition please visit their EVENTS pages.
To coincide with the opening of DAVID BOWIE Is in Paris, GEOFFREY MARSH the co-curator will be giving a talk entitled: 'David Bowie: Mars, London... Hampstead' at the Keats Community Library, Keats Grove, London NW3.
The talk will include film of the exhibition in London and highlight David's activities in North London.
The event takes place on Tuesday 10th March at 19.30. Tickets £8 (all profits to community library).
Please visit keatscommunitylibrary.org.uk for more details and information.
From Geoffrey Marsh.
Announcing a brand new 2015 film entitled 'Low' by Renaud Cojo with the Symphonie no. 1 of PHILIP GLASS.
The movie premieres on 7th/8th March at la Philharmonie de Paris, on the occasion of the DAVID BOWIE Is exhibition.
Tickets are on sale for the DAVID BOWIE 2015 UK Convention in Derby.
A celebration of the life and music of David Bowie, the most influential artist to walk this planet and many other planets too...
Featuring a selection of brilliant live music, from tribute bands to Steampunk and many other genres doing Bowie their way... and a warm gathering of David Bowie fans and music fans, Ziggy Kids, Dukes and Dudes... so much love in the room, it makes life wonderful.
Friday 8th May - The Fringe Gig - 6pm 'til Midnight.
Simon York (Acoustic Set) / Aladdinsane (Bowie Tribute Band) / Baz Dedhevan (Heroes Indie DJ set).
Saturday 9th May - David Bowie Convention - 12 'til Midnight.
BowieD / Ritchie Blount / The Featherz / Luxury Stranger / Paul Henderson / Birthrite / Rebel Rebel / Baz Dedhevan Heroes Indie DJ set.
Tickets: £8 for the fringe gig (Fri 8th May 6pm-midnight), £25 for the Main Day (Sat 9th May midday til midnight), or £30 for both events.
Check out the Facebook events page for more details and information.
Now released is the DAVID BOWIE Young Americans 40th Anniversary Picture Disc Single Limited Edition on 23rd February 2015 via Parlophone (cat. no. DBYA40A).
YOUNG AMERICANS (2007 Tony Visconti mix single edit) (David Bowie).
Produced and mixed by Tony Visconti.
2007 Mix by Tony Visconti.
Pro-Tools engineer Mario McNulty.
Mixed at Looking Glass Studio, Studio B. With thanks to Dave d'Arcy.
IT'S GONNA BE ME (with strings) (David Bowie).
Produced and mixed by Tony Visconti.
Pro-Tools engineer Mario McNulty.
Mixed at Looking Glass Studio, Studio B.
String arrangements by Tony Visconti.
Vocal arrangements by David Bowie and Luther Vandross.
Recorded at Sigma Sound, Philadelphia, PA.
February | January
2014 Bowie News | 2013 Bowie News
2012 Bowie News | 2011 Bowie News | 2010 Bowie News | 2009 Bowie News
2008 Bowie News | 2007 Bowie News | 2006 Bowie News | 2005 Bowie News
2004 Bowie News | 2003 Bowie News | 2002 Bowie News | 2001 Bowie News
2000 Bowie News | 1999 Bowie News | 1998 Bowie News | 1997 Bowie News
|Created: March 2015 © Paul Kinder||Last Updated: 26/3/15|