WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING IN DECEMBER - MONTHLY PLANNER
[BOWIEWONDERWORLD SHOP] [LATEST DAVID BOWIE ITEMS ON eBAY]
[FREE @bowiewonderworld.com email addresses HERE]
BW Facebook / myspace.com/bowiewonderworld
Have YOU got some DAVID BOWIE related news or a hot scoop?
Well don't just sit there keeping it to yourself - send it in to
All news items are credited if you so wish
[DOWNLOAD DAVID BOWIE MUSIC from Amazon]
Over in the US, HBO have acquired the DAVID BOWIE: THE LAST FIVE YEARS documentary which premieres next month on 8th January.
Focusing on the artist's final years, 'David Bowie: The Last Five Years' presents a nuanced look at the evolution of Bowie's music as told through archival footage and interviews with the musical legend's bandmates.
Largely focused on David's final two albums, The Next Day and ★, the film also explores his musical, 'Lazarus' written with Enda Walsh.
Check out the HBO David Bowie: The Last Five Years (2018) teaser below...
For more info and details, pop on over to the hbo.com website.
Issue #3 of the DAVID BOWIE GLAMOUR fanzine is available to pre-order now!
Once again, the cover has been illustrated by Helen Green and this time it features a beautiful fold-out design.
Inside, there is exclusive and original content contributed by David Bowie fans and collaborators.
This third issue features: Jimmy C, Robin Clark, Ian Hunter, Paul Cuddeford, Terry O'Neill, Nicholas Pegg, Mark Plati, Catherine Russell, Tony Sales, Morgan Visconti, as well as Bowie fan submitted articles.
The David Bowie Glamour fanzine is run by Andy Jones and Nick Smart and is designed by Milky Cereal.
David Bowie Glamour fanzine Issue 3 will ship in mid-January.
For ordering and more details please visit the davidbowieglamour.wordpress.com website.
If you're waiting for your replacement "Heroes" album from the DAVID BOWIE A NEW CAREER IN A NEW TOWN (1977 - 1982) Boxed Set here's what you need to do...
We can now confirm that the "Heroes" audio has been updated via all digital download and streaming partners. CD and LP discs (in a plain sleeve) will be ready to ship week commencing 11th December.
Those who have bought the ANCIANT boxed set and would like an updated disc of "Heroes" should send an email to:
Your email should contain the following information:
- SHIPPING ADDRESS (and any delivery instructions)
- EMAIL ADDRESS
- PHONE NUMBER (required by some delivery providers)
- FORMAT PURCHASED (CD or LP)
- PROOF OF PURCHASE (email attachment / photo / scan / screen grab / etc)
Please ensure that you limit the content of your email to these details only so that the Warner Music Customer Services team can process your order as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Info via davidbowie.com and Warner Music.
• MORRISSEY has been interviewed by ROB SHEFFIELD for ROLLING STONE magazine. One of the questions asked was: "If DAVID BOWIE called on the cosmic telephone, what would you two talk about?". Morrissey's reply: "He called many times on the terrestrial telephone. He must surely be happy now. Music is eternity, and there he is, now, very much in it. I don't imagine he wanted anything else from life.". - [Read here]...
• Headliners for the DUBLIN BOWIE FESTIVAL are HOLY HOLY, who will be performing on Monday 8th January. For more info and tickets - [Read here]...
• I don't understand why this is being created, but here you go... the NME have reported that a new BBC RADIO drama is to air on the BBC World Service which presents an IMAGINED account of DAVID BOWIE working on his 'Blackstar' album. 'The Final Take: Bowie In The Studio' will air on the BBC World Service on Tuesday 9th January, with the programme currently set to broadcast at the time of 11:30 am. Starring comedy impersonator JON CULSHAW who will be doing "a rare serious role". Apparently it will "utilise dialogue constructed from Bowie's own words - which have been taken from the hundreds of interviews he gave during his life." - [Read here]...
The THIRD DAVID BOWIE BLACKSTAR fanzine is available to order now.DBBF is the new Italian fanzine, with unpublished articles both in Italian and English: 28 colour pages with beautiful pictures, all in printed in opaque glossy paper: a must for all fans. Exclusive interviews with Bowie collaborators, fan articles and experts, collectors, wonderful pictures, comics and much more.
Amongst other things, in this 3rd issue you will find exclusive insights by Pierpaolo Martino (author of The David Bowie Philosophy), Luke Garro (author of the new biography published by Hoepli) and Roger Griffin (author of the beautiful David Bowie: The Golden Years book).
The front cover of this third issue is the work of a well-known artist in the world of pop art: Butcher Billy. An artist who combines various sources of pop culture (music, comic books, movies, games, etc.) to mix them in irreverent and provocative works, in a creative balance between nostalgia and modernity.
For more information and purchasing details, please visit dbblackstarstore.it website.
From Daniele Pensavalle at davidbowieblackstar.it
On this day, 2 years ago, DAVID BOWIE and IMAN attended the Premiere of LAZARUS theatre production at The New York Theatre Workshop, NY, USA.
At the end of the show David took to the stage for a standing ovation. This was to be David's final public appearance.
Check out these fabulous photographs taken by LOPEY who managed to take a great image as a smiling David and Iman arrived at theatre, as well as Susan Sarandon, Tony Visconti and Kristeen Young.
Courtesy of Lopey [bowiefun.com].
David, Enda Walsh, Ivo van Hove and cast take a standing ovation. Photo by Jan Versweyveld.
For all you fashionistas out there... David is wearing a Alexander McQueen dark navy and silver skull polka dot evening scarf.
Photos by AKM-GSI Splash.
Below are the photographs taken by PAULA SCIUK, as David, Iman and actors Michael C. Hall and Cristin Milioti left the theatre. In the foyeur are Jimmy King and Bill Zysblat.
Courtesy of Paula S.
(See original news stories and video footage here).
DAVID BOWIE graces the front cover of the GERMAN edition of GQ magazine.
This January 2018 'GQ Heroes' Edition is on sale at selected trade outlets from 7th December.
Inside is an exclusive feature on the style icon - 'The True David Bowie'.
Also the coolest fashion trends for 2018, an exclusive feature on the style icon David Bowie and the final answer to the question of how a gentleman really drinks.
For more details and information, visit the gq-magazin.de website.
You may recall two years that DAVID BOWIE and BRIAN ENO gave permission for one of their songs to be included in the SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS musical.
Originally it was reported back in August 2015 that David was writing an original song for this project, along with additional lyrics by Jonathan Coulton. Then later on 8th October davidbowie.com announced that he would only be using 'No Control' from his 1. Outside album.
You can now have a listen to 'No Control' and check out the altered lyrics...
The musical is currently playing on Broadway in New York.
For more details visit spongebobbroadway.com website, where you can get links for streaming and downloading and so on.
• Previously unseen DAVID BOWIE photographs are now on show in an exhibition at St. Giles Street Gallery in Norwich. Photographer DAVID KOPPELL showcases previously unseen photographs including Bowie in concert and at the press conference for the Sound + Vision Tour in the Rainbow Theatre, at a Music Awards ceremony and also in Legends Nightclub. The exhibition also marks the launches Koppel's limited edition digital silkscreen prints of Bowie merged with ticket stubs and press passes. All prints are stamped, numbered and signed by the artist in limited editions. Prices start at as little as £20 for a souvenir poster. The 'Bowie' exhibition runs until 24th December. Open by appointment on 07831 838378 - [More details]...
• Daniel Maurer at the BEDFORD + BOWERY website wrote an article entitled: 'DAVID BOWIE Sang For Devo, and Mark Mothersbaugh Might Have the Tapes'. Mothersbaugh told the story during the SONOS do in New York - [Read here]. A short time later, Dangerous Minds reported that they were unsure about it all as the piece was posted before the event happened. Update: Confirmed that Mark Mothersbaugh DID tell this story about the tapes from the previous press night evening...
• If you missed the radio interview on BBC RADIO 6 MUSIC with the 'polite' DENIS O'REGAN who was the official DAVID BOWIE tour photographer in 83 and 87 you can now catch up. Great interview with Mary Anne Hobbs - [Listen here]...
• Police recover human-sized DAVID BOWIE nutcracker in Ohio after it was stolen from Steubenville Nutcracker Village - [Read here]...
• This is the final week for voting in the 2017 BROADWAY WORLD UK Awards. The DAVID BOWIE / ENDA WALSH theatre piece LAZARUS is up for FOUR awards. You can have your say and [VOTE HERE]...
On this day, 18 years ago. DAVID BOWIE performed at The Astoria, London during his 'hours...' promotional tour in 1999. Earlier the same day, David did an In Store Signing at The Virgin Megastore...
On this day, 39 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed at Western Springs Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand, the final show of the Australasian leg of his 1978 world tour...
Available to pre-order now is DAVID BOWIE's next 40th Anniversary picture disc single BEAUTY AND THE BEAST released via Parlophone next month.
This limited edition release (Catalogue Number: DBBATB 40A) sees the light of day on Friday 5th January 2018.
A-side: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2017 remaster)
Produced David Bowie and Tony Visconti.
Mixed by Tony Visconti at Hansa.
AA-side: BLACKOUT (Live In Berlin 1978)
Produced David Bowie.
Recorded live at the Deutschlandhalle, Berlin on 16th May, 1978.
You can pre-order Beauty And The Beast NOW!
David Bowie Is in Brooklyn, New York. Standard tickets are now on sale. Exhibition runs from Friday 2nd March 2018 through to Sunday 15th July 2018.
Visit brooklynmuseum.org to book now!
The DAVID BOWIE IS exhibition is visiting the BROOKLYN MUSEUM in New York.
The exhibition runs from Friday 2nd MARCH 2018 through to Sunday 15th JULY 2018.
Located on: Morris A. and Meyer Schapiro Wing and Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Gallery, 5th Floor, 200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, New York 11238-6052, USA.
The museum open every day, except Mondays and Tuesdays.
The Brooklyn Museum presentation is organised by Matthew Yokobosky, Director of Exhibition Design, Brooklyn Museum.
Sound experience by Sennheiser.
Lead sponsorship for this exhibition is provided by Spotify.
The exhibition is accompanied by a richly illustrated catalogue edited by Victoria and Albert Museum Theatre and Performance curators Victoria Broackes and Geoffrey Marsh, with essays by Camille Paglia, Jon Savage, Howard Goodall, Christopher Breward, Oriole Cullen, Nicholas Coleridge, and a roundtable discussion with Sir Christopher Frayling, Philip Hoare, Mark Kermode and Geoffrey Marsh.
Go to brooklynmuseum.org for full details and special ticket bookings.
Tickets are on sale now for the DAVID BOWIE 2018 UK Convention which takes place in Derby on 11th and 12th May.
With live music from: Aladdinsane, The Bowie Contingent, The Bowie Room, Luxury Stranger, Liqueur, Faerground Accidents, Rebel Rebel, with more acts to be confirmed.
Featuring Heroes Indie DJs, Andy Yeo's Bowieoke, Q&A with Sarah-Rena Hine and much, much more.
Venue: Queens Hall, 125 London Road, Derby DE1 2QQ, England.
Dates: Friday 11th May 6.00pm till 1.00am.
Saturday 12th May - 12 noon till 1.00am
For tickets and information contact Jimster Draper at
The DUBLIN BOWIE FESTIVAL takes place on 4th January through to 10th January with some very special guests.
Check out the full programme of events over at dublinbowiefestival.ie website.
November | October | September | August | July | June | May | April | March | February | January
2016 Bowie News | 2015 Bowie News | 2014 Bowie News | 2013 Bowie News
2012 Bowie News | 2011 Bowie News | 2010 Bowie News | 2009 Bowie News
2008 Bowie News | 2007 Bowie News | 2006 Bowie News | 2005 Bowie News
2004 Bowie News | 2003 Bowie News | 2002 Bowie News | 2001 Bowie News
2000 Bowie News | 1999 Bowie News | 1998 Bowie News | 1997 Bowie News
|Created: December 2017 © Paul Kinder||Last Updated: 12/12/17|