WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING IN MAY - MONTHLY PLANNER
[BOWIEWONDERWORLD SHOP] [LATEST DAVID BOWIE ITEMS ON eBAY]
Exclusive! DAVID BOWIE lino-cut print available to PURCHASE
these are ALL the remaining ORIGINAL left-over stock from 39 years ago
Have YOU got some DAVID BOWIE related news or a hot scoop?
Well don't just sit there keeping it to yourself - send it in to
All news items are credited if you so wish
[STREAM/DOWNLOAD DAVID BOWIE MUSIC from Amazon]
Facebook Group | Facebook | Instagram | Threads | Twitter | YouTube
There was a nice surprise last week in the Official GREECE Album Sales Chart, DAVID BOWIE had SIX of his albums in the Top 60.
For Week 20 of the Official IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry) Chart, the placements were as follows:
#41 - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars
#46 - Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
#53 - ChangesOneBowie
#55 - David Bowie (aka Space Oddity)
#56 - ChangesTwoBowie
#57 - Station To Station
Maybe we can put it down to Athena - and that's all it is.
Best wishes as always
• On this day, 19 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed at The Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey in 2004...
• On this day, 21 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Manhattan, New York City for The Robin Hood Foundation Auction in 2002. He performs 'America' solo to a backing track before the auction got underway...
• On this day, 36 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performs at Feyenoord Stadium in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It is the opening gig of 1987 The Glass Spider World Tour. The crowd sing 'Happy Birthday' for Duncan - [View news footage]...
• On this day, 40 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performs at the US Festival in Glen Helen Park, San Bernardino, California. This interrupts his Serious Moonlight Tour '83 and he reportedly receives a fee of $1.5 million dollars from Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak for his appearance - [View news footage]...
• On this day, 45 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed his Musikladen Extra TV Special in Bremen, Germany in 1978...
• On this day, 47 years ago, DAVID BOWIE hired out a casino in Montreux, Switzerland and narrates 'Jack and The Beanstalk' for his son Duncan and his friends in 1976...
• On this day, 50 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed at the New Theatre in Oxford, England in 1973...
Travelling with David Bowie in the Soviet Union: An Interview with Geoff MacCormack
In conjunction with The Wende Museum's exhibition 'David Bowie in the Soviet Union', Bowie's old school friend and percussionist, background singer and dancer between 1973 and 1976 Geoff MacCormack speaks about the series of photographs he made during his and Bowie travel on the Trans-Siberian Express in April 1973. Bowie decided to travel by boat and train from Japan to France because of his air travel phobia combined with his eagerness to visit the Soviet Union. He and MacCormack took the SS Felix Dzerzhinsky from Japan to Siberia, from where they embarked on a one-week train ride to Moscow. They stayed in Moscow for two days, visiting the Kremlin and the GUM department store and attending the May Day parade before continuing their travels to Paris via Warsaw and East Berlin.
MacCormack, using the artist name Warren Peace at the time, contributed to Bowie albums such as Aladdin Sane (1973) and Station To Station (1976). With Bowie, MacCormack co-wrote the music for 'Rock 'n' Roll With Me' on Diamond Dogs (1974) and 'Turn Blue' on Iggy Pop's Lust For Life (1977).
In 2007, MacCormack published From Station To Station: Travels With Bowie 1973-76, an illustrated account of his time in Bowie's entourage, followed in 2023 by David Bowie: Rock 'n' Roll with Me (ACC Art Books).
Geoff is interviewed by Joes Segal, the Wende Museum's Chief Curator and Director of Programming. This programme took place via Zoom on May 17th, 2023.
You can browse the online catalogue for 'David Bowie in the Soviet Union': HERE
The David Bowie in the Soviet Union exhibition at the Wende Museum, Culver City, CA 90230, USA runs until 22nd October. Free entry - More details
• On this day, 16 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed a section of 'Pug Nosed Face' and the audience joined in with an impromptu sing-a-long. He then introduced comedian RICKY GERVAIS onto the stage at Madison Square Garden, New York for the finale of the H&M High Line Festival in 2007.
Ricky said to the audience that because he was introduced by David singing that song - that he could already imagine the puns that would follow. His favourites being: 'The Thin White Duke brings out the Fat White Duck,' 'Piggy Stardust' and 'Chunky Dory'.
After the sold-out Gervais show at Madison Square Garden, David then went on to check out THE SECRET MACHINES at the High Line Ballroom.
It was initially reported that David would be curating and performing at the festival, but on 22nd January 2007 it was announced that: "due to ongoing work on a new project that it will not be possible for him to perform. He will however continue to curate the event alongside producers David Binder and Josh Wood."
The festival ran for 11 days from 9th May to 19th May, with artist performances at various venues around New York including Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden and Irving Plaza.
Invited performers included: Air, Arcade Fire, Bang On A Can, Claude Cahun, Daniel Johnston, Deerhoof, Dirty Projectors, Ken Nordine, Laurie Anderson, Laurie McLeod, Legendary Stardust Cowboy, Meow Meow, Mike Garson, Ricky Gervais, Robert Stillman's Horses, Spanish Film Retrospective, The Polyphonic Spree, The Secret Machines and many more.
Other events included: High Line Neighborhood Walking Tours, High Line Design Preview and 'David Bowie's Ten Favourite Latin American and Spanish Films From The Last 100 Years' - [More details].
Well worth listening to is THE CLOSER podcast episode 'The Banker Who Sold David Bowie Bonds'.
DAVID BOWIE: ground-breaking musician; artistic shape-shifter; style icon; and ... savvy financial player? We dive into 'Bowie Bonds' with the man who created them and unpack their impact on the music business.
Appearing on CHANNEL FIVE NEWS yesterday were MICK 'WOODY' WOODMANSEY and GEOFF MACCORMACK talking about DAVID BOWIE and the upcoming 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture' 50th Anniversary.
The interview was conducted by Dan Walker and Claudia-Liza Vanderpuije.
Woody and Geoff also appeared on REUTERS entertainment piece 'Inside David Bowie's final gig as Ziggy Stardust' - WATCH HERE.
• On this day, 40 years ago, DAVID BOWIE played warm-up show at Vorst - Forest Nationaal in Brussels, Belgium in 1983 as part of his Serious Moonlight Tour '83 Tour...
• On this day, 45 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed at Grugahalle, in Essen, Germany during his 1978 World Tour...
• On this day, 47 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed the closing gig of his 'On Stage' tour at the Pavillion in Paris, France in 1976...
• On this day, 50 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed two shows at the Green's Playhouse in Glasgow, Scotland during his 1973 UK Tour...
• Happy Birthday wishes to RICK WAKEMAN, who as you know played piano on DAVID BOWIE's Hunky Dory album released in 1971...
• On this day, 54 years ago, DAVID BOWIE performed at The Three Tuns Public House, in Beckenham in 1969...
• On this day, 60 years ago, THE KONRADS performed at the Hillsiders Youth Club, Womens' Institute Hall, in Biggin Hill, Westerham in 1963... at the Hillsiders Youth Club show, DAVID JONES sang Joe Brown's 'A Picture Of You' and Bruce Chanel's 'Hey Baby'. George Underwood took the vocals on 'It's Only Make Believe' and 'A Night At Daddy Gees'. Mrs Orme, set up The Hillsiders Youth Club which met every Friday in the Womens' Institute Hall at 4 Lebanon Gardens, Biggin Hill in Westerham. It got a lot of support from the local youth and also from those of Westerham.
In this one-of-a-kind book, novelist and academic NICHOLAS ROYLE brings together two remarkably different creative figures: DAVID BOWIE and ENID BLYTON. His exploration of their lives and work delves deeply into questions about the value of art, music and literature, as well as the role of universities in society.
Blending elements of memoir and cultural commentary, Royle creates a tender and often hilarious portrait of family life during the pandemic, weaving it together with musings on dreams, second-hand bookshops and unpublished photos of Bowie taken by Stephen Finer.
He also shares previously unrecorded details about Blyton's personal life, notably her love affair with Royle's grandmother.
David Bowie, Enid Blyton and the sun machine offers a singular perspective on the cultural significance of two iconic figures. In doing so, it makes a compelling case for the power of storytelling and music to shape our lives.
David Bowie, Enid Blyton and the sun machine is a new species of book: a dazzling act of literary-critical rebellion, a portrait of pandemic family life and an intimate exploration of personal history. This book illuminates the recent cultural past, casting new light on the lives of David Bowie and Enid Blyton, and infuses the future with the brightness of its invention and wit. Royle's work has much in common with some of the most successful and daring writing of recent years, such as Patricia Lockwood's no one is talking about this and Max Porter's Grief is a Thing with Feathers, which entrance the reader with their inventiveness as well as their moving explorations of the wildest and most intimate experiences of love.' - Naomi Booth, author of Swoon: A Poetics of Passing Out.
'This is a fascinating book. Harassed academics will immediately relate to it, and so will all Enid Blyton and David Bowie fans, but it is much more than a book about any of those topics. It is an evocation of a time and a place, South London in the mid-twentieth century, the world that produced two such disparate figures as Blyton and Bowie, but also the author himself. I read it with great pleasure and interest.' - Gabriel Josipovici, author of Forgetting.
'The book's appeal and strength is the very unusual melding of Royle's own story, Enid Blyton, Beckenham, David Bowie (including 'Memory of a Free Festival'), which all coalesce by pivoting time and geography.' - Stephen Finer, painter.
David Bowie, Enid Blyton and the sun machine by Nicholas Royale, available in both hardcover and paperback, which is scheduled for publication on 28th November and is available to pre-order now.
davidbowie.com have announced details of ZIGGY STARDUST: THE GLOBAL PREMIERE.
Fifty years to the day since Bowie's last show as his famous alter-ego, Ziggy Stardust returns to The Eventim Apollo Hammersmith (formerly the Odeon) on 3rd July for one night only.
For the 50th anniversary, 'Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture' is digitally restored with never-before-seen footage. The film will be unveiled at a red-carpet global premiere and the screening will be preceded by conversation live on stage with some of Bowie's famous friends.
Fans will relive that iconic night in music history in the venue where it all happened exactly fifty years ago. The film features the complete set, including a performance by late guitarist Jeff Beck, which was cut from D A Pennebaker's original version.
The event will be live streamed to cinemas across the UK and Europe, with screenings in cinemas worldwide throughout July.
Tickets for The Eventim Hammersmith Apollo on sale now at davidbowie.com and cinema tickets on sale from Thursday 18th May.
- Limited tickets for the Eventim Apollo premiere will be made available to fans and there will also be simultaneous one-night-only screenings of the Q&A and the film on July 3 in cinemas in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Italy and Australia.
- Film screenings in Canada, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary will take place throughout July.
- Further screenings of the digitally restored film will also be announced in US, Latin America, Asia, France, Spain, Belgium and Scandinavia.
- The event and global screenings will be produced and promoted by multi-media production company Echo Velvet and award-winning event specialists The Makers Of on behalf of RZO Music and the David Bowie Estate and Warner Music. The Q&A at the Eventim Apollo will be hosted by award-winning editor and Echo Velvet's Creative Director Phil Alexander (MOJO, Q, Kerrang! and Mercury Music Prize judge).
'Kevin does what I pretend to do. Kevin's a proper musician.' David Bowie.
Scheduled for publication on 17th October is ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: Memoirs of the World's Best Least-Known Guitarist by KEVIN ARMSTRONG.
Growing up in a world of punk squats and the London pub-rock scene, suburban rookie guitarist Kevin Armstrong found himself signed to EMI as a solo artist in the early 80s, but fate had other plans for him, his life and career changing in an instant when he was called for a studio date with an unnamed star at Abbey Road.
That unnamed star was soon revealed to be DAVID BOWIE, and that afternoon's recording catapulted this unlikely lad onto the world's grandest stages alongside some of the biggest names in the business. Kevin has gone on to carve out a singular career as a producer, songwriter, and guitarist, touring and recording with everyone from Grace Jones to Paul McCartney, Iggy Pop to Roy Orbison, Sandie Shaw to Alien Sex Fiend.
Absolute Beginner is the story of what it takes to survive as a self-taught musician. It provides an honest and funny glimpse into the backstage world of the artists Kevin has worked with, and is packed with acerbic, laugh-out-loud observations on popular music and musicians from someone who has had a prime seat at the high table of rock 'n' roll for more than forty years.
'This is a frank, revealing, and often very funny memoir of a life playing with other people and at the same time being yourself.' - David Quantick.
'An absolute whirlwind - a wonderfully funny, cleverly observed account of real life spent touring or recording with musicians on every level.' - Mark Ellen.
'Kevin Armstrong has written a beautifully gentle tale of a life spent playing guitar with some of the hardest rockers around - a must for anyone who loves music, or even just ... loves.' - Will Self.
About the Author:
Kevin Armstrong began his musical life on Charlie Gillett's Oval Records in 1981 with his own band, Local Heroes SW9. After two albums, his career began thriving as a writer, producer, bandleader, and, above all, bulletproof guitarist. Most notably, Kevin met David Bowie in late 1984 and worked with him on various projects, from Live Aid to his acclaimed 1. Outside album. Bowie also introduced Kevin to Iggy Pop during sessions for his 1986 album Blah-Blah-Blah, and Kevin promptly became Iggy's bandleader. He also led Iggy's touring band from 2014 to 2019. In between times, he has worked with Paul McCartney, Morrissey, Grace Jones, Sinéad O'Connor, Prefab Sprout, Thomas Dolby, Transvision Vamp, Brian Eno, Sandie Shaw, Gil Evans, Alien Sex Fiend, Keziah Jones, and many, many more. This is his first book.
You can pre-order Absolute Beginner: Memoirs of the World's Best Least-Known Guitarist now!
Artist ALEXANDRIA ZAHRA JONES daughter of DAVID BOWIE and IMAN has just launched her own art website.
Her first art collection entitled: 'Pieces of Me' is about joining together to heal through the beauty of art.
'Pieces of Me' will soon be released as a limited collection with each print individually signed and numbered by the artist making it a unique closed edition collection.
There are only 100 prints available of each artwork.
If you would like the opportunity to purchase before the general public, you can join the early access list
Note: Please be aware that joining the early access list DOES NOT guarantee automatic purchase, you will still need to purchase on the designate drop date and time.
For more details and information, please visit alexandriazahrajones.com website.
JULIEN'S AUCTIONS Music Icons sale takes place this coming Friday and Saturday 19th/20th May.
There are plenty of DAVID BOWIE lots available, highlights include a custom tailor Novex Beverly Hills, Gold lurex suit, designed by Ret Turner, worn for photo session with photographer Frank Ockenfels III, which appeared in the 'A Reality' tour programme and also featured on Filter magazine cover, one of The Man Who Fell To Earth movie fedora hats from Bates Hatter of St James, London, signed by Bowie in 1993 and an original limited edition 40/500 Ryko embossed lithograph print featuring a self-portrait done by David Bowie, as well as signed albums, posters, lobby card and magazine covers.
You can view the Bowie items, sign up and bid over at julienslive.com website.
Check out the latest podcast episode of ROCKONTEURS with GARY KEMP and GUY PRATT, where lifelong friend, co-writer and collaborator of DAVID BOWIE, GEOFF MACCORMACK shares some fascinating stories from his time with David.
As you know, Geoff met David when they were at school and remained friends throughout David's incredible career. He provided backing vocals on various tracks on Young Americans, co-wrote songs on the Diamond Dogs album and took thousands of photos of his friend - many of which can be seen in the stunning photographic memoir David Bowie: Rock 'n' Roll with Me - which includes a wonderful afterword from David.
Rockonteurs is produced by Ben Jones for Gimme Sugar Productions.
Listen in to S4 Episode 24 over at play.acast.com or via your preferred streaming service.
PACO RABANNE's new Phantom Parfum for men will utilise DAVID BOWIE mega-smash hit 'Let's Dance' in their upcoming advertising campaign which kicks off on 1st July.
Actor CHARLIE HEATON ('Stranger Things', 'Billy Knight') is fronting the campaign.
Last year, the company used Bowie's 'Fame' track for their advertising which starred actress Elle Fanning for their feminine fragrance counterpart.
Phantom Parfum mixes French lavender, black vanilla bean from Madagascar and Haitian vetiver. The fragrance, conceived by IFF perfumers Loc Dong, Juliette Karagueuzoglou, Dominique Ropion and Anne Flipo, is almost wholly of natural ingredients.
The product rolls out on 1st September.
On this day, 53 years ago, DAVID BOWIE was awarded an Ivor Novello Award for 'Space Oddity' as Best Original Song at the Musical Festival '70 show at The Talk of The Town, London in 1970.
He performed 'Space Oddity' accompanied by the Les Reed Orchestra. The event was transmitted live via satellite to over 60 closed-circuit outlets in America, including New York's Carnegie Hall. It was also seen in France, Spain, Australia, Holland and Venezuela, but not Britain, where it was broadcast live on Radio One and Two at 10pm-11.30pm.
You can watch the performance below...
• Two days before publication: SIMON GODDARD author of BowieOdyssey73 in conversation with LEAH KARDOS at Walthamstow Trades Hall, 61-63 Tower Hamlets Rd, London E17 4RQ on 23rd May at 7pm-11pm BST - More details and tickets...
• Taking place in Stockholm, Sweden next month is a photographic exhibition displaying DAVID BOWIE photographs taken by KENT ALMQVIST in 1976 and 1978 at the Royal Tennis Hall. These wonderful photographs have never previously been shown in connection with any exhibition. The exhibition runs from 3rd-8th June at Galleri Fotografi, Hornsgatan 42, Stockholm - [More details]...
• On Wednesday 17th May GEOFF MACCORMACK is to be interviewed by JOES SEGAL the chief curator and programming director of the WENDE MUSEUM in Los Angeles, CA. The interview is to be broadcast live online at 12:00pm - 1:00 pm (PDT) 8pm BST. The broadcast is free of charge, but you'll need to register/book your RSVP - [More details]...
• The BBC press office have recently announced an upcoming season of feature-length dramas, mixing hidden gems and lesser-shown classics from the past five decades, as part of BBC Four and iPlayer's ongoing commitment to shine a light on the BBC's rich history of original, quality drama from some of the UK's greatest creative talents. Launching weekly from Wednesday 10th May at 10pm on BBC Four and iPlayer, the season will showcase eleven acclaimed BBC feature-length dramas from the past, featuring names such as DAVID BOWIE, Julie Walters, Victoria Wood, Dame Peggy Ashcroft, Alan Bennett and many more. The dramas in the season include: BAAL, directed by Alan Clarke, David Bowie stars in Baal, a television adaptation of Bertolt Brecht's classic play about a rebellious poetic genius, about to meet his end after a drunken and dissolute decline. Baal has never been repeated since its premiere in 1982...
• Well worth listening to is the ELECTRONIC CAFE interview with designer JONATHAN BARNBROOK, who talks about working with DAVID BOWIE...
Check out the DAVID BOWIE playlist for the recently released RSD 2023 LAUGHING WITH LIZA box set.
Over on the MAINMAN website: Podcast episode #62 is now available...
You can listen to the podcast now - in this episode BRIAN DUFFY created the now legendary Aladdin Sane album cover in 1973, as his son Chris recalls.
The MainMan group of companies was a first of its kind rights management organisation formed by entrepreneur and impresario Tony Defries in 1972, that supported and helped to develop the careers of various artistes including David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, Mick Ronson, Mott The Hoople, Ian Hunter, Mick Ralphs, Dana Gillespie, Amanda Lear, Wayne/Jayne County, John Cougar Mellencamp and many others.
MainMan official social media accounts: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel | Instagram
Currently in the pipeline is a new book BOWIE AT THE BBC: A LIFE IN INTERVIEWS by DAVID BOWIE and TOM HAGLER.
Scheduled for publication on 14th September, containing 464-pages, it will be available in both hardcover and Kindle editions.
The life of an icon, in his own words.
David Bowie had a unique relationship with the BBC, making more appearances on 'the beeb' than any other broadcaster throughout his career. An anonymous pre-fame teenager, a blossoming starlet, a white-hot rock star and a veritable elder statesman of pop: the BBC had the inside scoop on it all.
In this fascinating collection of BBC television and radio transcripts, Bowie's life story is told in his own words, across more than 35 appearances spanning over forty years. Each provides an illuminating snapshot of moments in a remarkable career. But read together, they offer a completely new take on Bowie himself, a first-person look at the rise and rise of a star.
Compiled and guided by David Bowie expert and BBC journalist Tom Hagler, Bowie at the BBC is the complete story of an incredible life lived on the airwaves.
Tom Hagler is the author of We Could Be: Bowie and his Heroes. A reporter on the BBC's World Service, Tom has conducted interviews with a wide range of politicians, musicians and cultural figures, with a roll call as diverse as President Joe Biden, Kofi Annan, Buzz Aldrin and Grandmaster Flash.
Bowie at the BBC: A life in interviews is available to pre-order now.
Taking place this month is the CONVENTION BOWIE FRANCE 2023.
This 6-hour event hosted by Eric Bouvet, Martialou Mp and Isa Added Durand will be held at L'International in Paris.
The programme includes: Bowie Reloaded, Suffragette City, Bowie Overdub, as well as stands (merc and t-shirts, accessories, bijoux, goodies, make-up), bar and tombola raffle.
Address: 5 rue Moret, 75011 Paris, France
Date: 14th May
For more details and information, please visit their Facebook page, events page or their Instagram page.
ALADDIN SANE: 50 Years - an exhibition and events celebrating half a century of DAVID BOWIE's iconic album are taking place at the Southbank Centre in London, opened on 6th April and runs through to 28th May.
Aladdin Sane: 50 Years features an exhibition that centres on Bowie's lightning portrait by photographer Brian Duffy - one of the most influential pop culture images of the past half century.
For more details and ticket info, please visit southbankcentre.co.uk website.
The Southbank Centre Archive also have a separate free display exploring David Bowie's history with the Centre, stretching over 50 years, and his ongoing legacy.
Open now is the FREE exhibition BOWIE AND BEYOND at KINGSTON MUSEUM in South West London, which explores the life of DAVID BOWIE alter-ego Ziggy Stardust.
Opened on 31st March and runs until 16th September at Kingston Museum, Wheatfield Way, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2PS, England.
This exhibition is open to the public during Kingston Museum's opening hours.
For more details, opening times and information, please visit kingstonheritage.org.uk website.
Just published is ALADDIN SANE 50 YEARS by CHRIS DUFFY - the definitive celebration of Bowie's iconic album and music's most famous photograph - with unseen images.
On the fiftieth anniversary of David Bowie's magical album, Aladdin Sane 50 is the ultimate celebration of a musical masterpiece - and the most famous photograph in pop history.
This landmark book contains hundreds of photographs, including dozens of David from the Aladdin Sane session that have never been seen until now, fifty years since they were taken.
Aladdin Sane 50 also features essays by renowned experts and authors Paul Morley, Charles Shaar Murray, Nicholas Pegg, Kevin Cann, Jerome Soligny and Geoffrey Marsh on Bowie's remarkable album and the story behind the famous cover.
In a breathtaking package designed by long-time Bowie collaborators Barnbrook creative studio, Aladdin Sane 50 pays tribute to a seminal album and an iconic image, one that will live forever more in rock 'n' roll history.
About the Author: Chris Duffy is a photographer, CEO of the Duffy Archive and son of photographer Duffy, the man who captured the Aladdin Sane image. Chris has photographed music icons including David Bowie, Adam Ant, Steve Strange and Spandau Ballet. He continues to promote Duffy's work on a world stage, and is a well-regarded speaker and regular contributor to Bowie events and conventions.
You can purchase ALADDIN SANE 50 YEARS with a 14% discount now!
For those of you who use FACEBOOK - check out the private DAVID BOWIE WONDERWORLD Group.
Feel free to join in with the other 84,300 plus members, add yourself and invite your Bowie fan friends. You never know what might get posted, or who you might meet...
• New book DAVID BOWIE, ENID BLYTON and the sun machine by Nicholas Royale, hardcover and paperback, 264-pages - to be published on 28th November - more details
• New book DAVID BOWIE: MIXING MEMORY & DESIRE: Photography by KEVIN CUMMINS, hardcover, 256-pages - to be published on 9th November - more details
• New book ABSOLUTE BEGINNER: Memoirs of the World's Best Least-Known Guitarist by Kevin Armstrong, paperback, 288-pages - to be published on 17th October - more details
• New book SILHOUETTES AND SHADOWS: The Secret History of David Bowie's Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) by ADAM STEINER, paperback, 296-pages - to be published on 15th September - more details
• New book BOWIE AT THE BBC: A LIFE IN INTERVIEWS by DAVID BOWIE and TOM HAGLER, hardcover and Kindle, 464-pages - to be published on 14th September - more details
• English version of DAVID BOWIE RAINBOWMAN 1967-1980 by JÉRÔME SOLIGNY, hardback, 704-pages, to be published on 5th September - more details
• New book DAVID BOWIE AND CRACKED ACTOR... THE FLY IN THE MILK by SUSAN COMPO and MARK WARDEL available in deluxe hardback and limited edition box with mask and book, to be published by Red Planet Books on 2nd September - more details.
• ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS: THE MOTION PICTURE at Eventim Apollo Hammersmith, London, England on 3rd July. Also simultaneous one-night-only screenings of the Q&A and the film in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Netherlands, Italy and Australia. Also screenings in Canada, Poland, Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary in July. Further screenings of the digitally restored film will also be announced in US, Latin America, Asia, France, Spain, Belgium and Scandinavia - more details
• The 2023 DAVID BOWIE WORLD CONVENTION takes place on 16th (VIP)/17th/18th June 2023 at Terminal 5, New York City, USA - more details
• DAVID BOWIE Photographic Exhibition by KENT ALMQVIST at Galleri Fotografi, Hornsgatan 42, Stockholm, Sweden, opens 3rd-8th June - more details
BOWIE ODYSSEY 73 by SIMON GODDARD, paperback, 176-pages, published on 25th May - more details
USA/Canada: Exclusive 'Best Buy' steelbook THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH movie in 4K Ultra HD (plus Blu-ray plus digital), released 25th April - more details
RSD 2023 DAVID BOWIE - 'Laughing With Liza - The Vocalion and Deram Singles 1964-1967 Plus' in 5x7" Box, limited to 1,000 copies, released on 22nd April - more details
ALADDIN SANE 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Half-Speed Master LP released on 14th April - more details
ALADDIN SANE 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Picture Disc LP released on 14th April - more details
ALADDIN SANE: 50 YEARS EXHIBITION at Royal Festival Hall, Exhibition Space, Southbank Centre, London, England, opened 6th April until 28th May - more details
DAVID BOWIE IN THE SOVIET UNION exhibition of Geoff MacCormack photographs at the Wende Museum, Culver City, CA 90230, USA. Opened 1st April through 22nd October. Free entry - more details
DAVID BOWIE - MOONAGE DAYDREAM 3-LP Vinyl Box Set released on 31st March - more details
Free exhibition BOWIE AND BEYOND at KINGSTON MUSEUM in SW London explores the life of David Bowie alter-ego Ziggy Stardust. Opened on 31st March until 16th September - more details
• ALADDIN SANE 50 YEARS The definitive celebration of Bowie's iconic album and music's most famous photographs - with unseen images by CHRIS DUFFY, hardcover, 256-pages - published on 30th March - more details
Theatre production LAZARUS written by David Bowie and Enda Walsh, Italian version directed by Valter Malosti is now underway in Italy. Performances began in March and continue through to June in various Italian cities - more details
Europe: 4K Ultra HD Steelbook Limited Edition of THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH movie released on 20th March - more details
Bowie TAKEN by Duffy exhibition at COAM Madrid, Calle de Hortaleza, 63, 28004, Madrid, Spain. Opened 15th March until 25th June - more details
New memoir DAVID BOWIE: ROCK 'N' ROLL WITH ME by GEOFF MACCORMACK, hardback, 240-pages, published on 13th March - more details
DAVID BOWIE - WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM! by IVOR JONES, limited edition of #300, special collector's publication is now sold out. There are some unnumbered copies available which you can purchase at a reduced price - more details
Exclusive DAVID BOWIE lino-cut print available to PURCHASE - don't hang around, these are ALL the remaining original left-over stock from 39 years ago, once they've gone, they've gone!
April | March | February | January
2022 Bowie News | 2021 Bowie News
2020 Bowie News | 2019 Bowie News | 2018 Bowie News | 2017 Bowie News
2016 Bowie News | 2015 Bowie News | 2014 Bowie News | 2013 Bowie News
2012 Bowie News | 2011 Bowie News | 2010 Bowie News | 2009 Bowie News
2008 Bowie News | 2007 Bowie News | 2006 Bowie News | 2005 Bowie News
2004 Bowie News | 2003 Bowie News | 2002 Bowie News | 2001 Bowie News
2000 Bowie News | 1999 Bowie News | 1998 Bowie News | 1997 Bowie News
|Created: May 2023 © Paul Kinder||Last Updated: 31/5/23|